Encaustic medium allows me to create interesting work with texture and layers that I love. I want to keep my creative habit going. I haven’t worked with encaustic in six months. I see it waiting for me everyday. Today is the day.
This is a small experiment with a photo in black and white, printed on my laser printer. I rubbed the photo onto the wax, wet it and pulled the paper off. This is a hot mess (encaustic joke).
- I learned that you have to rub very hard for the image to transfer.
- When printing, you have to flip the image.
- High contrast is best.
- It doesn’t matter what you put under the image in terms of color.
- When you put wax over the top, you have to use a BIG brush or you will get globs.
- You will need several transparent layers of wax or in reheating the newly applied wax, the printed transfer will FLOAT! Argh.
#doingthework #successhabits #discipline #ineeddeadlines #encausticwax #imagetransfer